This session will take attendees through the different types of payment channels that are susceptible to elder financial exploitation and discuss how to mitigate the risks and identify potential elder financial exploitation events. The speaker will discuss wire transfers, checks, mobile RDC, person to person, Zelle, debit cards and other channels that are targets for fraudsters wishing to exploit elder adults.
Who Should Attend?
• Deposit Operations
• Electronic Banking
• Risk Management
• Fraud Management and support teams
• BSA Officer and support teams
• Retail and Treasury Departments
• Call Centers
• Senior Management
• Overview of the Significance of widespread fraud in Elder Financial Exploitation
• Review of each targeted payment system and how fraudsters exploit elders
• Mitigation strategies for closing the gaps to stop elder financial exploitation events
• Staff training recommendations for identifying this type of fraud specific to the front-line