Financial institutions play a significant role in the financial space as they hold the assets of a customer. Based on this fact, financial institution records and funds on deposit often become the center of legal disputes and governmental enforcement actions such as 314a requests, subpoenas, garnishments, and tax levies. In addition, certain states have requirements when filing a SAR to report to a regulatory body. This session focuses on how to implement a practical process for the receipt and handling of these law enforcement requests. What are the requirements for each type of request? What are the deadlines? What are the rights of the financial institution? This webinar takes attendees through each type of request, provides the requirements for each request and how to implement a practical process that works for all areas of the financial institution.
- Review of each type of law enforcement request
- Understanding the requirements for levies, summons and subpoenas
- Best business practices for responding to these requests
- Special reporting requirements
- Common issues resulting in regulatory scrutiny based on these requests
Who Should Attend?
- BSA and Fraud
- Deposit Operations/Electronic Banking
- Client Facing Teams
- Treasury Sales and Operations
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Audit
- Information Security/Technology
- Senior Management