In March 2016, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau published an Advisory for Financial Institutions on Recommendations for financial institutions on preventing and responding to elder financial exploitation. This guidance was published for the purpose of outlining how a financial institution should identify and respond to elder financial exploitation. This critical risk training will focus on regulatory expectations for the implementation of an Elder Financial Exploitation Policy. This training will review each recommended section of the program document, discuss what other policies/procedures are applicable to the Elder Financial Exploitation program, and discuss how to handle exception events that fall outside of the standard process and present higher risk situations for your financial institution and your employees. Attendees will receive a sample Elder Financial Exploitation Program document and the webinar recording to pass along to other employees at your financial institution.
This online fraud prevention banking webinar will focus on three important areas of regulatory expectations as it relates to Elder Financial Exploitation:
- Fundamentals of Elder Financial Exploitation
- Best business practices for documenting your Elder Financial Exploitation Policy/Program
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Regulatory Guidance from March 2016 and August 2016
- BSA/AML Regulatory expectations
- Financial institution training recommendations
- Best business practices for working with law enforcement and Department of Aging Services