Know Your Customer (KYC) is a critical part of a strong BSA/AML compliance program. The purpose of KYC is to identify customers, counterparties, beneficial owners and others doing business with a financial institution who may pose greater money laundering, financial crime, or terrorist financing risk. Identifying what is known as “negative news” is essential in determining the potential risk of a client and also necessary when possible suspicious activity is identified. This webinar covers effective tools (some free and some not) that are available to financial institutions. The speaker shows these tools during the webinar to better reflect how financial institutions can perform negative news searches.
- Regulatory requirements
- Purpose of negative news searches in your KYC and investigations
- Types of negative news searches
- Sample negative news searches
Who Should Attend?
- Client Facing Teams
- Deposit Operations/Electronic Banking
- Treasury Sales and Operations
- BSA and Fraud
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Audit
- Information Security/Technology
- Senior Management